This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Rollestone Manor is situated on the edge of the the village of Shrewton, just 2 miles from the Stonehenge Visitors Centre. A ten minute walk takes you to the local shop, and a forty minute bus journey takes you into Salisbury, only 20 minutes by car. The Manor is set off the main road, in a dip, with our tarmac drive off a bumpy track.
We have seven bedrooms, all en-suite, one of which is on the ground floor. For breakfast, we offer freshly cooked ingredients, and by prior arrangement we can cater for dietary requirements. Dinner is also available.
- For full details and a map of how to get to us, please see the 'Contact us' page of our website (www.rollestonemanor.com). You can also plan your journey by public transport using www.traveline.info; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is SP3 4HF to get details of your journey.
- The nearest Railway station is Salisbury (10 miles). Further afield, alternatives are Pewsey (18 miles), Warminster (17 miles) and Westbury (24 miles). Taxi's are available at Salisbury station, or you can arrange a taxi to be booked in advanced.
- The nearest bus stop is a ten minute walk, which services the No 2 route to Salisbury and Devizes. The buses usually run every hour. At our nearest bus stop, there is no shelter or seating, although others in the village do.
- The surrounding grounds and driveway to Rollestone Manor are tarmac, with grass areas. Rollestone Road, of which we are off, is a gravel track which is uneven and bumpy.
- This access statement is available in larger print on request.
Car Parking and Arrival
- There are approximately 12 spaces for cars, all on flat tarmac surface. The approximate distance to the front door is 10 metres
- There is sensor lighting in the car par, as well as the house lit up.
- Guests can be dropped off at the front door, or to the side accessible access, through the archway at the front of the property. The front door has 3 steps up to it and no hand rails. There is a slopped access to the side entrance. This door needs opening from the inside.
- The clear door opening width of the front door is 920mm.
- The clear door opening width of the side entrance door is 780mm.
- Assistance may be given to anyone on arrival and departure with luggage.
The main front door
The alternative side-entrance, with ramp
- Guests are welcomed in the hallway, which is level throughout where they are asked to register.
- Seating is available in the adjacent lounge, with one shallow step at its entrance.
- The flooring in the welcome area is short pile carpet, dark patterned.
- The area is well lit, with an overhead chandelier, side light and natural light from a high window.
- A pen and pad of paper are available on request.
- Guests are advised of the location of the lounge, dining room and breakfast room on their arrival, and shown to their bedroom.
- We have one bedroom with a king-double bed on the ground floor, with ramp access from the side door. On the first floor, there are five double rooms and one twin, reached only by a steep staircase.
- The door to the ground floor room is 900mm wide.
- Room name plaques are raised on all the doors.
- Furniture may be move or re-arranged on request.
- The height of the beds in the ground floor room from the top of the mattress to the floor is 650mm.
- Rooms are bright and evenly lit. There is an overhead lamp, and a central light also. An additional reading lamp is available on request.
- The room is decorated in pale colours - walls and short-pile carpet, white duvet covers and pillowcases. We use feather bedding, although non-feather is available on request. Flat-screen freeview tv with remote control and subtitles.
Mrs Smith – our ground floor room with en-suite Shower & Toilet
- All rooms have en-suite bathrooms.
- The ground floor room offers:
- Door opening to the bathroom is 900mm
- Large shower, with shower chair. Height of lip into shower cubicle 130mm.
- The toilet height is 400mm from seat to floor.
- The height of the washbasin is 840mm, with a shallow pedestal.
- There is a grab rail by the toilet and one in the shower.
- Lever taps at the basin.
- Well lit bathroom - 4-bulb halogen ceiling light, window and mirror light.
- Pale colour scheme; white walls, doors, towels, and dark grey non-slip flooring.
The en-suite of Mrs Smith
Public Areas - Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- All corridors, public areas, stairs and landing are well lit, using a combination of wall and ceiling lighting.
- There is short-pile carpet on the stairs, hall and landing.
- Steep flight of stairs up to the first floor, of 13 steps, and a handrail on each side.
Public Areas - Lounge
- The lounge, when entering the building is to the left of the front door, up one shallow step.
- The door opening to the lounge is 840mm.
- The room has a mixture of sofas, and soft chairs with low tables. The majority of the furniture is movable.
- Lighting is natural daylight via two huge windows, a central chandelier on a dimmer switch, and table lamps around the room.
- The flooring is short-pile carpet.
- There is a unisex toilet towards the back of the house.
- There is one shallow step down into the corridor of the toilet.
- The door width is 680mm.
- There is no space to the side of either toilet.
- The toilet area is well lit with 3-halogen ceiling light, and lever taps on the sink.
- The Restaurant (used for dinner service) is located to the right of the front door, with step free/level entry from the ground floor room.
- The clear door opening width is 830mm and is level throughout.
- All the furniture is movable, so access for wheelchairs and pushchairs isn't a problem.
- The tables are dark wood varnished with a central leg pedestal. The chairs are upright, high back with no arms.
- Lighting is natural daylight and the wall light levels are controlled by dimmer switches.
- Flooring is short-pile carpet.
- We are able to cater for dietary requirements, preferably through prior arrangement.
- Full table service is provided for dinner.
- Crockery is white, which contrasts well with the dark wood tables.
- The nearest toilet is approximately 10 paces from the Dining Room, as described above.
- Breakfast is taken in the adjacent dining room. Access is through the Restaurant, on the level, and with the same type furniture.
- Breakfast is served to you, including the cooked breakfast, tea/coffee and toast, but you can help yourself to juices and cereals.
- Access to the garden is via the front door, and it's three steps, or from the side entrance using the ramp.
- The path from this ramped exit is cobbled and uneven, and is approximately 1200mm wide. There are wooden benches, tables and chairs on the grass area of the garden, which is mostly flat. There are mature trees and flowerbeds on all sides of the house.
- We have a set of evacuation procedures - should you require it, someone will come to your room and assist you with evacuation in the event of a fire alarm. Fire evacuation procedures are also available in large print.
- A water bowl can be available just outside the side entrance door for assistance dogs and can be supplied for bedrooms where necessary.
- The nearest Shopmobility is in Salisbury. They are open Monday - Saturday 9.30am-4.30pm. Details can be found on the Shopmobility website.
- Low energy lighting is used where possible.
- In the public areas, the short-pile carpet is burgundy with all the walls and doors in either pale cream or white.
- The nearest local hospital is in Salisbury (approximately 10 miles), though there is a local GP surgery in the village of Shrewton.
- Complimentary wifi is available throughout the Manor.
- Local attractions and things to do are available on our website.
- We will be looking at all our literature, to make it available in large print.
- We will look at the ramp to see if any improvements can be made, ie to make it more shallow.